A River Rules My Kitchen


Well I've finally managed to get my A into G and actually write a post about Tony Smith's latest cookbook - A River Rules My Kitchen. At long last this has risen to the top of my "To Do" list!

I've known Tony for years since we both worked on a NZ foodie magazine together. So I didn't need asking twice when he called a few years ago to see if I was interested in working with him on the recipe photography and styling for his book. 

This book is a bit different from the standard cookbooks in stores at the moment. It's not just about the recipes, but takes you on a culinary journey around New Zealand and dips into some of the history of regional New Zealand. Ideal for any hunter gatherers out there, or home cooks who like to try something a bit different - Black Swan Breast with Pinenut & Raisin Biryani anyone?

Congratulations Tony on a fabulous book, it was a pleasure to work with you and Jan (your lovely wife, dishy, and market runner) on this project. I'm sure it will be the first of many in your writing career.


All Images © Deborah Aspray - Motif Lifestyle Images Ltd 2014 
All Recipes © Tony Smith 2014
Published by HarperCollins Publishers NZ Ltd

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Facebook    Twitter    Pinterest